Mauri Ora—Student Health and Counselling complaints
How to give feedback, raise concerns, or make complaints about Mauri Ora—Student Health and Counselling.
How to make a complaint about a service received through Mauri Ora—Student Health and Counselling
It is recommended that you initially contact Mauri Ora directly by emailing the Business Manager. The Business Manager will explain your options to you, depending on the nature of your complaint.
If you do not feel comfortable doing this on your own, you can ask a friend or whānau to support you in this process or contact one of the following advocacy services:
Your complaint will be responded to in accordance with the Complaints Policy and Procedure below.
Our complaints policy
Suggestions and comments
Mauri Ora would like to hear your comments and suggestions about any aspects of our service. You are welcome to write a comment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Concerns and complaints
If you are not satisfied with any aspect of our service, you are encouraged to:
- Discuss your concerns with the staff member concerned or write them a letter setting out the issues.
- Contact email@example.com.
- Raise your concerns with the Complaints Officer by phone 04 463 5308, in person, or in writing firstname.lastname@example.org to which your written concern will be escalated to the appropriate person.
Complaint forms are available from all Mauri Ora reception areas, and further information is available on our website.
If you make a complaint to us, we will:
- Let you know in writing within five working days that we have received your complaint unless it has been resolved to your satisfaction within that time.
- Let you know within ten working days whether we feel your complaint is justified. If we need more time to investigate your complaint, we will advise you of this and why more time is needed.
Once we have decided regarding the acceptance or otherwise of your complaint we will:
- Provide you with reasons for our decision.
- Advise you of actions we propose to take.
- Advise you of the practice appeal procedures and your rights to complain to the Health & Disability Commissioner or the Privacy Commissioner.
For complaints that take some time to fully resolve we will advise you about the progress of your complaint each month.
At your request, we will provide you with all the information that the Mauri Ora holds that is or may be relevant to your complaint.
If your complaint cannot be resolved or if you are still not satisfied after having an explanation or response from the staff member concerned or from the Complaints Officer, you can contact – the Director, Te Pūrengi – Student Experience and Wellbeing: email@example.com
All complaints at Mauri Ora are managed by the Business Manager, or their delegate. It is the Complaints Officer’s responsibility to coordinate and oversee the handling of each complaint received and ensure that the complaints procedure is followed correctly.
In all cases your complaint will be handled with respect and absolute confidentiality and responded to appropriately.
Formal complaints under University policy on staff conduct
Where your complaint involves conduct which you think is a breach of the University’s Policy on Staff Conduct, consult the Policy (PDF) or contact the Student Interests and Dispute Resolution Advisor on 463 5023.
If you are not satisfied with the way your concerns are addressed and resolved by the above steps, you can make a formal complaint to the Health and Disability Commissioner as per the Health and Disability Commission leaflet available from any reception area at Mauri Ora.