Academic transcripts

Academic transcripts are official records of your study and achievements that you may need to provide when applying for a job, scholarship or further study.

An academic transcript is a record of all the courses you've completed, the grades you've achieved, and any scholarships or awards that you've received. It is different to a qualification certificate, which shows that you have been awarded your degree or other qualification.

Free digital transcript

Once you've finished studying, you'll get a digital version of your academic transcript free of charge (assuming you completed your qualification after July 2018).

When your Student Success Adviser has marked your qualification complete, your provisional digital transcript will be available through the myeQuals platform. Once you have been formally awarded your qualification, the provisional transcript will be replaced by your final transcript.

We'll notify you by email using the email address you nominated in the Pūaha portal. If you've finished studying and you need to change your preferred email address, email and we can change it for you.

If you can't access your digital transcript—and you're sure that your qualification has been marked complete after July 2018—email

Ordering a transcript

In some circumstances you may need to order and pay for your academic transcript. In particular, if you:

  • would like a hard copy of your transcript
  • need a digital transcript before you've completed your qualification
  • completed your qualification at the University before July 2018
  • attended the Wellington College of Education before it became part of the University in 2005.

Digital copies will be provided through the myeQuals platform.


Digital transcript before completing your qualification: NZ$20.

Hard copy of your official transcript: NZ$20 for the first copy and NZ$10 for each additional copy, plus postage or courier costs.

Making an order

There are two online forms for requesting a transcript:

If you have special requests—for example, you need your hard copy transcript signed and sealed, or sent to multiple addresses—let us know in the "Additional Information" section of the form. Your Tītoko—Student Success team will contact you regarding any additional costs.


It may take up to seven working days for your Student Success team to process your request. If you have a query, email

Transcript format

All transcripts include:

  • your legal name and student ID number
  • the status of your qualification (whether your degree is sought, completed or granted)
  • your course results, listed chronologically
  • any points accrued towards your Victoria University of Wellington qualifications based on courses from other institutions
  • any awards and scholarships you’ve been awarded during your studies
  • your entrance qualifications, for example, NCEA, Bursary, Special Admission.

Transcripts include the new ceremonial crest. The legal name of the University is Victoria University of Wellington.

For information on understanding the codes and acronyms on transcripts, read our page on understanding transcripts.

Get help

Contact Tītoko—Student Success by email, or call 0800 04 04 04 or +64 4 472 1000.