Access your student email and Word, Excel, and PowerPoint through Office 365 online. You can also download these apps to your personal devices.
Office 365 is a cloud-based application that gives you access to apps such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint while you're studying at Te Herenga Waka—Victoria University of Wellington.
- Go to the Pūaha student portal and click on the Office 365 icon.
- If you're not automatically signed in to your Office 365 account, log in with your 'myvuw' student email address and password.
Student email in Outlook
When you first visit Office 365, you'll see your student email account in Outlook. All official email communications sent to you by the University will go to this account. Find out how to use a different email account.
Main apps: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Within the Outlook screen, you can access the other main Office 365 apps, such as Word, Excel (spreadsheets), and PowerPoint (presentations). These apps have icons in the narrow left hand strip.
To get the full list of available Office 365 apps, click on the waffle button in the top left-hand corner to get a drop-down menu.
- The waffle button is the one with nine small squares.
- At the top right of the drop-down menu there is an 'Office ->' link
- This link will take you to the Office 365 hub, where you can also access all the available apps and view or edit your recent documents.
Other apps in Office 365 include:
- OneNote (information gathering and collaboration tool)
- Publisher (desktop publishing)
- Access (database management)
- OneDrive (cloud file hosting)
- Skype (video conferencing).
Office 365 on personal devices
You can also download Office 365 onto your personal laptop, tablet, smartphone, or other device. Having it installed on your own computer means that you can use the applications when you're offline. You can install Office 365 on a maximum of 5 devices.
Download Office 365
To download Office 365:
- Go to the Office 356 hub as described above.
- Find the 'Install Office' button towards the top-right of the screen.
- Clicking the 'Install Office' button gives you two options:
- 'Office 365 apps' will give you a quick installation with the language set to English.
- 'Other install options' allows you to choose another language for your Office 365 download.