Find out where your lectures will be held and learn about our three main campuses. You can take a campus tour during the New Students' Orientation week.
This is a short guide to the University's three main Wellington campuses—Kelburn, Pipitea, and Te Aro. You can find more information on our campuses and other sites page.
You can also take a campus tour during the New Students’ Orientation week.
Located on Kelburn Parade, the Kelburn campus is our largest campus and the central hub of the University. This campus is home to:
- Wellington Faculty of Education—for students studying Education and Teaching.
- Wellington Faculty of Engineering—for students studying Engineering.
- Wellington Faculty of Health—for students studying Health.
- Wellington Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences—for students studying the Arts and Music.
- Wellington Faculty of Science—for students studying Science and Biomedical science.
Most 100-level (first-year) courses are taught on the Kelburn campus.
The Hub is the centre of the Kelburn campus. It's an open plan space that links the Library (Rankine Brown) building with Easterfield, Cotton, and Maclaurin buildings.
In the Hub you can meet friends, relax, get a coffee or bite to eat, login to the University's wifi, and study. On a fine day you can enjoy fresh air and sunshine in the Tim Beaglehole Courtyard outside.
Student Union Building
The Student Union Building on the Kelburn campus is home to many student services, including:
- Mauri Ora—Student Health and Counselling
- Manawa Ora—Student Wellbeing and The Bubble
- Rainbow and Inclusion support
- Refugee background students support
- Salient (student newspaper) and the Victoria Broadcasting Club (88.3 FM)
- The Club House (support for student club and societies)
- Postgraduate Students’ Association (PGSA)
- Victoria University of Wellington Students' Association (VUWSA).
Our Pipitea campus is located opposite Parliament in the city's legal and government centre. This campus is home to:
- Faculty of Law, in the Government Buildings—for students studying a Bachelor of Laws (LLB).
- Wellington School of Business and Government in Rutherford House. Some staff from this school are available in the Murphy building on the Kelburn campus. This means they'll be on hand to help you during your first year (when most of your classes will be taught at Kelburn).
Te Aro campus
In the heart of Wellington's Cuba Quarter, Te Aro campus is located at 139 Vivian Street, close to the Cuba Street intersection. This campus is home to the Wellington Faculty of Architecture and Design Innovation—for students studying Architecture, Architectural Science, and Design subjects.
Food and drink outlets
There are lots of places to get something to eat or drink on or near our three campuses. Find out more about what's on our Kelburn campus on the campus food and drink page.