Many University systems send email to your official student account—you can choose to forward messages from there to your preferred email address.
All official email communications sent by the University will go to your student email account.
You can access your student email via the email programme Outlook in Office 365. Find out how to access Office 365.
Usernames and 'my vuw' email addresses
Your student username will typically be the first six characters of your last name plus the first four characters of your first name. In some cases, we’ll need to add a number to generate a unique username for you.
Your student email address will be your username followed by ‘@myvuw.ac.nz’. This email account is sometimes referred to as a 'my vuw' account.
For example, if your name is Joanna Bloggs:
- your student username will be bloggsjoan
- your student email address will be email@example.com.
Use a different email account
If you want the University's official email messages to go to your personal email address, you will need to set up your student email account so that it forwards the messages.
How to forward your mail
- Log in to Office 365.
- Open settings (via the cogwheel icon on the top right of the page).
- Under 'Your app settings' click 'Mail'.
- Under 'Accounts' in the left side menu, select 'Forwarding'.
- Select 'Start forwarding' and enter your preferred email address.