After you graduate

Stay connected to the University, access careers advice, and join our global network of alumni.


You’re now part of our global alumni community—discover more about what that means, and how to get involved and stay connected.


Starting a career can be daunting. Our Careers and Employment team offer a range of practical advice and support to ensure you get the best start possible.

Post Study Work Visa

International students who have graduated with a New Zealand qualification can apply for the Post Study Work Visa.

Verifying qualifications

Employers or other education institutions may need to verify your Te Herenga Waka—Victoria University of Wellington qualifications. Your qualification can be verified by visiting the online Roll of Graduates.

If your qualification is older than 1998 or if you are a graduate of the Wellington College of Education prior to 2005, prospective employers or other education institutions should email the Graduation Office.

Your qualification will appear on the Roll of Graduates after your qualification has been conferred, unless you have requested to have your name removed. To remove your name from the Roll of Graduates, email the Graduation Office.

Speak to someone

Graduation Office

Phone: +64 4 463 5389