Disability Services complaint procedure
How to give feedback or make a complaint about Te Amaru—Disability services.
We are committed to providing a quality, effective service to students. If you believe the service you have received has not been acceptable, you are able to do something about it and we encourage you to do so.
If you have a complaint you can follow the below process:
- Discuss the matter with the Disability Services staff member who provided you with the service or arranged it for you. Tell them specifically what isn’t working for you and what you would like done about it.
- If you are not able to discuss the issue with that person, or if the matter was not resolved to your satisfaction, you may email Rachel Anderson-Smith (Manager, Disability Services) or make an appointment to see her at email@example.com.
- If the person who provided the service is also the Manager, or if the situation is still not resolved, you may email Karen Davis (Associate Director, Retention, Achievement, Equity) or make an appointment to see her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whoever handles your complaint will do so respectfully. You will receive acknowledgement of your complaint and be provided with a time-frame within which you will receive a response.
At any stage in the process you are welcome to seek the advice and support of the:
- Student Interest and Conflict Resolution via email@example.com or by calling 04 463 5023
- VUWSA Student Advocacy Services via firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 04 463 6984
- Health and Disability Commissioner via email@example.com or by calling 04 389 2502.
If the matter is a formal complaint under the policy on Meeting the Needs of Students with Impairments, please refer to the appeal provisions provided in 4.7 of the Policy.