There's a range of services that can support you at final assessment time, from Āwhina to Student Finance and Student Learning Te Taiako.
For Māori students, Āwhina is your on-campus whānau. Join us for study wānanga during the assessment and exam period, or book an appointment with one of our Māori engagement advisors to find out more.
Our whānau rooms provide you with a space—with free food—to relax with your peers:
- VZ004—Humanities and Social Sciences
- CO145A—Sciences and Engineering
- VS128—Architecture and Design
- RHMZ19—Business and Government
- KP14—Āwhina Hub
Te Amaru—Disability Services
Inclusive learning software can help you get through all the readings before your assessments by making online written information more accessible. Read&Write is available on all University student computers and can read text to you, proofread, and convert text to MP3 for reviewing on the move.
Please contact Te Amaru—Disability Services if you would like us to help you. For example, if you need accessible arrangements for timed assessments, or if the impact of your disability or the design of the assessment is preventing you from demonstrating your knowledge.
You can email us at email@example.com or call 04 463 6070.
Manawa Ora—Student Wellbeing
Manawa Ora provide a range of programmes and support. You could look after your wellbeing during the final assessment period by:
- attending a Wellbeing Workshop
- connecting with others through a peer support group
- checking out the collection of wellbeing resources for self-care
- checking in with the Rainbow and Inclusion and Refugee-Background Students advisers
- visiting The Bubble
- reaching out if you need support and information.
Mauri Ora (Student Health and Counselling)
Student Counselling can support you with any issues that are affecting you at final assessment time. We are able to offer same day appointments between 10 am and 4 pm Monday to Friday. These appointments are offered on a first in, first served basis.
If you are unwell or injured during the assessment/exam period, you can see a doctor or nurse, or connect with the Health Coach. We can help with supporting documentation for your aegrotat application.
Call us for advice or to book an appointment on (04) 463 5308 (students in New Zealand only).
Pasifika Student Success
We are the dedicated support team for Pasifika students, and can provide academic and holistic support during the final exam/assessment period.
Contact one of the Pasifika engagement advisers responsible for your faculty to find out the details, or visit one of the Pasifika spaces:
- TTR106—Sciences (with Āwhina)
- CO145A—Sciences and Engineering (with Āwhina)
- EA104—Health (with Āwhina)
- VS128—Architecture and Design (with Āwhina)
The lead up to the final exam/assessment period can be stressful, especially if you are experiencing financial difficulties. Here are some ways we may be able to help:
- The Hardship Fund is an emergency fund to help current students who are facing financial difficulties.
- Hardship Fund Equity Grants can be made to encourage students who are facing financial hardship to continue their studies.
- Budgeting appointments—Student Finance Advisers provide a confidential and non-judgmental financial mentoring/budget advisory service to students.
- Find out if you're eligible for a fee reconsideration if you’ve had to make a late withdrawal from a course or courses.
- Take control of your money with free online courses and tools.
- Use our Financial Survival Guides to plan for the costs of studying and to manage your money as well as possible.
Make an appointment by calling us on 0800 04 04 04 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your student ID in your email, as well as your preferred day, time, and campus.
Student Learning Te Taiako
Improve your understanding by learning how to revise effectively with help from the Student Learning team. We offer a range of resources to help you prepare for upcoming assessments:
- ‘how to study’ handouts
- modules on groupwork and preparing for tests (including those on Nuku)
- in-person and Zoom workshops on revision strategies and test-taking techniques.
Contact us by email at email@example.com or call (04) 463 5999.
Te Haumiri—International Student Experience
The International Student Support and International Development Scholarships teams are here to provide a range of support during the assessment period for all international students. You can contact an International Student Advisor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org