Fees for international students
Find out all you need to know about fees if you are an international student.
Important fee information
Tuition fees are calculated on a per point basis. Each course has a number of points associated with it, so the amount charged will vary depending on your choice of courses.
Some courses have additional costs for items such as study materials, equipment or field trips. Some administrative costs are also applicable. A full list of these administrative costs can be viewed in the Fees Policy.
Renew or extend your insurance
International tuition fees for 2021 (incl gst)
International tuition fee bands for subject categories
|Undergraduate||Per point ($)||Average full time (120 points) ($)|
|Humanities and Social Sciences||230.93||27,711.60|
|Health and Midwifery||244.04||29,284.80|
|Postgraduate taught*||Per point ($)||Average full time (120 points) ($)|
|Humanities and Social Sciences||252.54||35,388.00|
|Health, Nursing and Midwifery||247.22||38,028.00|
Postgraduate taught courses listed above includes Honours and Postgraduate Thesis.
Calculate your fees
You can get an idea of what your fees for the year will be by using the Fees estimator.
We make every effort to ensure the information it presents is accurate, the Fees estimator is indicative only. Your final fees account will be calculated and invoiced by Victoria University of Wellington upon acceptance of your enrolment application.
Other compulsory fees
All students enrolled at Victoria University of Wellington are required to pay the following fees.
Student Services Levy
The levy is a contribution towards student support services delivered by and through Victoria University of Wellington to support and facilitate the best academic outcomes for all students. Refer to Appendix A in the Student Services Levy Policy for a full list of services.
Additional payment may be required to access some goods, services or amenities.
- students enrolled in 25 points or more, on-campus or off-campus within Wellington region: $843.00 (2021)
- students enrolled in 25 points or more, off-campus outside of Wellington region or off-campus outside of New Zealand: $421.50 (2021)
- students enrolled in less than 25 points, on-campus and off-campus within Wellington region: $421.50 (2021)
- students enrolled in less than 25 points, off-campus outside of Wellington region or off-campus outside of New Zealand: $210.75 (2021).
Student Assistance Levy
This levy is used to assist students suffering exceptional financial hardship.
- 2021: $28 for all students.