Making an insurance claim
Make a claim on your Studentsafe Inbound University policy.
If you’re on the Studentsafe Inbound University policy, you might need to make a claim if you’ve:
- lost money after travel plans were disrupted
- had something stolen from you or broken in an accident
- had medical treatment.
Doctor’s appointments at Student Health are invoiced directly, so you don’t need to pay anything upfront, and you won’t have to make a claim.
See the full policy wording for details of everything that’s covered.
Making a claim
- Claim online: Studentsafe online claim portal.
- Download and fill in the claim form, sign it, and send it to the email address on the form along with any supporting documents and receipts/invoices. Alternatively, you can email your claim to firstname.lastname@example.org (the insurance advisor will forward your claim to the insurance company). Keep a copy of your receipts and invoices for your own records.
- You can also pick up a claim form from Wellington University International. You can drop your claim off at the reception of Wellington University International, and the insurance advisor will forward everything to the insurance.
An excess is the amount of the insurance claim that you have to pay.
Under Studentsafe Inbound University insurance, you’ll pay:
- $200 excess on all personal property claims
- no excess on medical claims.
For example: Your $500 smartphone is stolen and Studentsafe approves your claim. You will have to pay $200, and Studentsafe Inbound University insurance will pay the balance of $300.
If the amount you’re claiming is less than the excess, you won’t receive any money.
For help, contact Wellington University International.