Insurance for your family
If your family comes with you to New Zealand, you can choose to insure them under your Studentsafe Inbound University policy.
A family policy can cover your:
- spouse or partner
- dependent children under 18 years.
Cover for your children
If your children enrol as international students at a New Zealand school, they’ll need to have insurance that meets the guidelines in the Education (Pastoral Care of Tertiary and International Learners) Code of Practice 2021. You can find out more about the Code and how the University follows it here.
Studentsafe Inbound University family insurance is an easy and affordable way of making sure you and your children have appropriate cover. The International Insurance Adviser can provide a letter of confirmation for your child’s school if needed.
What it costs
- Family (student + one) annual premium NZ$1,500
- Family (student + two or more) annual premium NZ$1,875
How to get cover
You will need to:
- complete a family insurance application form pdf739KB
- complete a Medical Risk Assessment form pdf185KB if anyone in your family is over 60 or has a pre-existing medical condition
- give your forms to the International team and pay your premium when you enrol.
You don’t need to do anything or pay before you arrive in New Zealand.