Insurance for your family

If your family comes with you to New Zealand, you can choose to insure them under your Studentsafe Inbound University policy.

A family policy can cover your:

  • spouse or partner
  • dependent children under 18 years.

We highly recommend that you insure your family members, as they may not be eligible for any public health benefits. Find out more about Studentsafe Inbound University insurance.

Cover for your children

If your children enrol as international students at a New Zealand school, they’ll need to have insurance that meets the guidelines in the Education (Pastoral Care of Tertiary and International Learners) Code of Practice 2021. You can find out more about the Code and how the University follows it here.

Studentsafe Inbound University family insurance is an easy and affordable way of making sure you and your children have appropriate cover. The International Insurance Adviser can provide a letter of confirmation for your child’s school if needed.

What it costs

2024 premiums

  • Family (student + one) annual premium NZ$1,620
  • Family (student + two or more) annual premium NZ$2,025

How to get cover

You will need to:

You don’t need to do anything or pay before you arrive in New Zealand.