If you’ve had to make a late withdrawal from a course or courses, in certain cases you may be eligible for a fee reconsideration.
If you have withdrawn late due to a medical or exceptional personal circumstance, you may qualify for a fees reconsideration. If your fee reconsideration is approved, you will be refunded a portion of your fees. The length of your engagement with your course(s) will be considered when determining the outcome.
Full fee reconsideration possible
- Incorrect trimester/stream of enrolment.
- Documented inaccurate advice from staff.
- Failure to take up place at Victoria University of Wellington—for first-year students only.
- Serious personal illness or injury.
- Serious personal circumstances.
- domestic commitments
- employment commitments
- financial commitments
- university workload
- ignorance of withdrawal regulations.
A fee reconsideration application and supporting documents must be emailed to email@example.com or submitted in person to the Student Finance Office, Level 2 SU211, Student Union building, Kelburn campus, before the last day of the official exam period for the trimester in which the course you are withdrawing from was held.
- Appropriate evidence (these must be originals or certified copies).
- Your own written, signed statement.
Download the Application for Fee Reconsideration under Exceptional Circumstances form [PDF] or Application for Fee Reconsideration under Exceptional Circumstances form [Word document] or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special withdrawal and refund provisions apply to the following programmes
Withdrawals from doctoral degrees, master’s degrees by thesis and the Certificate of Proficiency in English programme are covered by special rules.
Contact the relevant Faculty office for information and advice.