If you are interested in participating in an exchange programme as one of your Experiential Activities, we can help support you with a WILP grant.
If you are interested in participating in a Wellington Global Exchange or selected virtual opportunities as one of your Experiential Activities, we can help support you with a WILP Global Leader Grant worth up to $1500. This grant can be held in conjunction with the Wellington Global Exchange grant.
Students must have participated in the WILP to a sufficient level to satisfy WILP grant requirements and be able to complete the final WILP components before the conferment of their Victoria University of Wellington degree.
WILP grant requirements
We recommend that you allow at least two full trimesters (one academic year) to complete these requirements before going on the Wellington Global Exchange programme or undertaking another relevant opportunity:
- notify the WILP team that you have applied to Wellington Global Exchange
- attend and submit reflections on EIGHT seminars
- attend and submit reflections on THREE speaker events
- attain 50 experiential activity points
- complete the Global Leader Grant application form on Careerhub
- agree to complete WILP upon your return from your Wellington Global Exchange and/or before you finish your degree
- agree to return the grant if you are unable to finish the full WILP before completing your Victoria University of Wellington degree
Given the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on students’ ability to complete WILP, and the experiential component in particular, these criteria may be relaxed in certain cases. Information on potentially funded opportunities, eligibility, and how to apply will be announced to registered WILP participants as they arise.