Experiential activities are a crucial part of WILP. From language learning to international placements, there are opportunities to suit you.
The Experiential Activities component of WILP encourages you to participate actively in international leadership, beyond the theoretical emphasis of seminars and speaker events.
Opportunities you can opt to participate in include the following:
- Go on Wellington Global Exchange, and do a trimester or year-long student exchange in one of our partner institutions in over 100 countries. If you opt to do this, WILP can help you pay for it with a WILP grant worth up to $2,000.
- Learn another language at Victoria University of Wellington, such as Spanish, Italian, French, Chinese, Japanese, German, Samoan or Māori.*
- Complete an internship with the Spanish Embassy in Wellington.
- Teach English to refugees and migrants in your local community.
- Help with development projects in the Pacific region as a UniVol with our partner organisation, Volunteer Service Abroad.
- Lead a group to a Model United Nations conference in The Hague, Netherlands.
- Become a Language Learning Centre buddy.
*Te Reo Māori is considered an official language of New Zealand, therefore this applies only to international students.