WILP for study abroad and exchange students
Because we recognise the value Victoria University of Wellington and students gain from international exchange, WILP offers a special programme for Study Abroad and Exchange students.
This version has fewer participation requirements due to time constraints. Upon completion, you will receive a Certificate of Participation in WILP.
A Study Abroad/Exchange student is defined as an international student studying at Victoria University of Wellington for one or two trimesters. If you are studying your full degree at the University you are eligible for the normal WILP programme.
The requirements for this tailored version of the Wellington International Leadership Programme are:
- attend and submit feedback for two seminars
- attend and submit feedback for two speaker events
- complete at least 20 Experiential Activity points
- identify yourself as a Study Abroad or Exchange student to the WILP team.
Points to note:
- At least one of the seminars you attend should be New Zealand focused (these are identified on Blackboard).
- Experiential activity should have a New Zealand focus. For example, 50 experiential points will be given if you complete a Māori studies course such as MAOR 123 or a language paper such as MAOR 101.
- Study Abroad and Exchange students should notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org, before leaving New Zealand, if you anticipate completing all the required WILP components for the Certificate.