Eligibility and how to join
If you’re interested in joining WILP, you’ll find all you need to know about our eligibility requirements and how to sign up for the programme on this page.
Eligibility and how to join
If you’re interested in joining WILP, you’ll find all you need to know about our eligibility requirements
and how to sign up for the programme on this page.
The Wellington International Leadership Programme (WILP) is open to ALL Victoria University of Wellington
students pursuing a degree. The following people are therefore not eligible to participate in WILP:
- those who are in pre-degree programmes like EPP, Foundation Studies and University Preparation
(once you commence your Bachelor’s degree programme, you would be eligible to participate)
- Victoria University of Wellington graduates who are not currently enrolled in a postgraduate degree
There is a tailored version of WILP exclusively for Study Abroad and Exchange students (or other international
students) who are here for one or two trimesters.
WILP is usually completed over the course of a undergraduate or postgraduate degree. It is possible for
some students to complete it in a shorter time period, but this would require more effort and careful
In order to attain the WILP full award, you must complete all required components and finishing documents
Completing the online form
To sign up for WILP, you need to complete the Wellington International Leadership Programme Registration form online. Below you will find an explanation of some of the information asked for when completing the form.
This is the username you use to access your student email and online systems, such as Blackboard, Office365, and myAllocator.
- Select ‘Undergraduate’ if you are doing your first university qualification, a Bachelor’s degree.
- Select ‘Postgraduate’ if you are doing a postgraduate qualification, Honours, Master’s or PhD).
- Select ‘NZAID’ if you are receiving a Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship scholarship from MFAT (formerly known as NZAID Scholarships or New Zealand Scholarships) or the Commonwealth Fund, even if you also qualify as an undergraduate or postgraduate student.
- Select ‘Study Abroad and Exchange’ if you are visiting New Zealand for part of your degree study for one or two trimesters on Study Abroad or Exchange, even if you also qualify as an undergraduate or postgraduate student. Also include your Study Abroad provider or Home University.
Year of study
“Year of study” refers to the year in which you are currently studying within your undergraduate or postgraduate degree programme, such as first, second, third, or fourth year.
Domestic or international student
A domestic student is a New Zealand citizen or a New Zealand permanent resident. If your primary purpose for being in New Zealand is to study at Victoria University of Wellington and you have study related visa, you should indicate that you are an international student.
Please choose carefully as you cannot change your registration status once enrolled.
WILP Honesty Policy
The WILP Honesty Policy states that you have provided truthful and accurate information to WILP. We require students to agree to this, as we rely on information provided during the experiential activity component for final assessment and certificate eligibility. Providing false information may result in disqualification from WILP.