Optimising your time
What have you made time for today? Learn some easy tips to rethink how to optimise your study, work, rest, and relaxation time.
Everyone manages time differently. The key is figuring out what works best for you—balancing your lifestyle, and being empowered to take action.
Download our printable guide with tips and resources to help you optimise your time.
Tips for maximising your study time
You’ll have a time during the day when you’re at your best—alert, focused, and motivated. Get to know what works for you and make the most of this time.
- Make your work digestible—be more effective with your time by breaking your work into small manageable tasks you can complete. Set small deadlines to help you see the work progressing.
- Making a to-do list of all of the work you have to do during the week will help you to remember what you need to get done. This will help with meeting deadlines and making sure you have enough time to get your work done on time. Tick off tasks as you complete them, to give a sense of achievement.
- Take breaks. You will be more effective with the time you spend studying and avoid wasting time having to repeat revision or re-do parts of your assignment.
- Feeling distracted? If worries distract you, write them down on paper. You can leave it there then deal with it after you’ve finish studying. Find out how you can tackle common daily distractions.
- Reward yourself. It’s important after you finish a task or hand in an assignment, that you reward yourself with something that you enjoy.
For more tips check out optimise your time