New Students’ Orientation
At the start of Trimesters 1 and 2, we welcome new students to the University through our New Students’ Orientation programme.
If you’re a new international student in Trimester 1 2021, take a look at the International Orientation website to find out more information about international orientation and the events that will be held throughout the week.
Kelburn campus tours
Explore Kelburn campus on a guided tour with a current student. You can register up until five minutes before a tour begins.
Attendees will be required to physical distance. Wearing face coverings is advised, and masks will be provided. Don't forget to bring your ID card and sign in with the COVID Tracer app upon arrival.
New Students’ Orientation offers in person and online events and workshops. Before you start your classes, be sure to check off the following:
- Understand and confirm your lecture timetable.
- Locate your lecture theatre(s).
- Visit your Faculty office.
- Buy your course books and texts at Vic Books, at Kelburn or Pipitea campus—a full list of course textbooks will be posted in the store and on the Vic Books website.
- If you have housing questions visit University Accommodation Wellington.
- Contact Info Ihonui with any questions you have about student life via 0800 04 04 04 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meet the friendly teams from our student services.
There are lots of ways you can meet other students and get involved with university life:
- The UNI 101 programme is designed to help you get connected at university, helping you to find your way around, connect with other students from your faculty and help you with the transition into university life and study.
- WGTN Hall is ‘a hall without walls’—a programme to help you get involved and make the most out of your first year at university.
- Attend the club expos (23–25 February 2021) to find and connect with your club of choice. Joining a club is a great way to make new friends, learn new skills, and make your experience at university a rich and rewarding one. Follow @wgtnhall on Instagram for updates.
- See what's happening at the Recreation Centre. Take advantage of the Orientation fitness membership special, on sale for a limited time only, from Monday 15 February 2021.
- The University's population includes people from a diverse range of communities. Find out more about the support networks available for each of them.
- Win prizes and meet people from all around Wellington at the University’s 'Keeping Well' expo as well as the annual Welcome Festival and halls’ chant-off. Check the timetable for more details.
- If you have any questions, email the Student Recruitment and Orientation team email@example.com for assistance.