New Students’ Orientation
At the start of Trimesters 1 and 2, we welcome new students to the University with a series of online and in-person events.
New Students’ Orientation offers in person and online events and workshops. Before you start your classes, be sure to check off the following:
- Understand and confirm your lecture timetable.
- Locate your lecture theatre(s).
- Buy your course books and texts at Vic Books, at Kelburn or Pipitea campus—a full list of course textbooks will be posted in the store and on the Vic Books website.
You might also want to:
- Find out where your Faculty office is located.
- If you have housing questions visit University Accommodation Wellington.
- Contact Info Ihonui with any questions you have about student life via 0800 04 04 04 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meet the friendly teams from our student services.
There are lots of ways you can meet other students and get involved with university life:
- The UNI 101 programme is designed to help you get connected at university, helping you to find your way around, connect with other students from your faculty and help you with the transition into university life and study.
- WGTN Hall is ‘a hall without walls’—a programme to help you get involved and make the most out of your first year at university. Follow @wgtnhall on Instagram for updates.
- Attend the club expos at the start of the university year to find and connect with your club of choice. Joining a club is a great way to make new friends, learn new skills, and make your experience at university a rich and rewarding one. Find out more about clubs and societies.
- See what's happening at the Recreation Centre. Take advantage of Orientation fitness membership specials (on sale for a limited time only).
- The University's population includes people from a diverse range of communities. Find out more about the support networks available for each of them.
- Win prizes and meet people from all around Wellington at the University’s 'Keeping Well' expo as well as the annual Welcome Festival and halls’ chant-off. Check the timetable for more details.
- If you have any questions, email the Student Recruitment and Orientation team email@example.com for assistance.