New Students’ Orientation
We welcome new students to the University with events to help them find their way around campus, prepare for study, meet new people, and have fun.
The timetables for the next New Students' Orientation will be loaded before the start of Trimester 2. In the meantime, you can look at the Trimester 1 timetables to get a idea of what will be on offer.
Some of the key sessions to attend include:
- The UNI 101 programme—meet other new students and be part of a group led by a student ambassador who studies a similar subject to you.
- The myTech sessions will help you learn how to log in and navigate the University's technology systems.
- The academic expectations sessions explain what to expect when studying at university.
- The study skills and academic writing sessions will give you practical tips.
- There are sessions for specific degree programmes on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Meet the student services teams and hear how they are available to support you through your studies.
- Get involved sessions introduce ways to meet other students and participate in university life beyond your classes.
Keep an eye on your emails and our social media channels to find out more.