Find dates for upcoming graduation, as well as important deadlines for students preparing to attend.
Tuesday 18 May
Street parade 1, 12 pm
Law School, Old Government Building to Te Ngākau Civic Square.
Parade for graduates of Wellington School of Business and Government, and faculties of Architecture and Design Innovation, Engineering and Law.
Ceremony 1 at Michael Fowler Centre, 1.30 pm
Wellington School of Business and Government
Ceremony 2 at Michael Fowler Centre, 6 pm
Wellington School of Business and Government and Faculty of Law
Wednesday 19 May
Ceremony 3 at Michael Fowler Centre, 1.30 pm
Wellington Faculty of Architecture and Design Innovation, and Wellington Faculty of Engineering including science qualifications with an engineering major
Ceremony 4 at Michael Fowler Centre, 6 pm
Wellington Faculty of Health and Wellington Faculty of Science
Thursday 20 May
Street parade 2, 12 pm
Law School, Old Government Building to Te Ngākau Civic Square
Parade for graduates of the faculties of Education, Health, Humanities and Social Sciences, and Science
Ceremony 5 at Michael Fowler Centre, 1.30 pm
Wellington Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Ceremony 6 at Michael Fowler Centre, 6 pm
Wellington Faculty of Education and Wellington Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Friday 21 May
Ceremony 7, Te Hui Whakapumau at The Hub, 9.30 am
For graduates who choose to graduate at Te Hui Whakapumau
There are several key dates in the period before graduation that you will need to put in your calendar.
- Final day to apply for graduation at all May ceremonies.
- Deadline for doctorate graduands to submit your abstract.
- Order your academic dress through Grad Gear.
- By the end of this week the Graduation Office will send you an email to advise you of your ceremony allocation.
- Order your academic dress by this date to receive the earlybird discount.
- By the end of this week the Graduation Office will send you an individual link to order your guest tickets
- Last day to submit your thesis to the Library (Master's by thesis and doctorate advance graduands).
- Last day to withdraw from the ceremony
- Last day to order guest tickets
- First day academic dress and guest tickets available for pick up at Murphy Building, Kelburn Campus–check your academic dress receipt for collection times for your ceremony.
- All ceremonies will take place during this week.
December graduation date change
The Michael Fowler Centre will be undergoing important maintenance in December so we have had to move the graduation dates forward.
The ceremonies will now take place on Monday 29 and Tuesday 30 November at the Michael Fowler Centre, and Te Hui Whakapūmau will take place on 1 December at Kelburn campus.
Applications to attend are due by 1 October.