Our Student Ambassadors programme is here to help new students navigate their way around the University and connect and engage with university life and study.
Student Ambassadors help new and future students transition into university life through offering support at recruitment and other university events such as New Students’ Orientation and Open Day.
As a Student Ambassador you will be provided with opportunities to gain leadership experience, improve your presentation skills, and meet other student leaders.
- Have excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Can work in a large team as well as independently
- Can lead a team and speak/present in front of a group
- Can problem solve and use their initiative
- Have knowledge of the University environment, support services and extracurricular activities on offer
- Can work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Will be studying at Te Herenga Waka—Victoria University of Wellington in 2022.
The Student Ambassador role is a casual contract for the 2022 year. The role is paid, but you can also earn points towards the Wellington Plus and Wellington International Leadership programmes.
Important dates for the Student Ambassador role:
- Student Ambassador training—Friday 5 November 2021. (Please note, we may consider an alternative training option for those unable to attend training on this date).
- New Students’ Orientation—Monday 21– Friday 25 February 2022
- Open Day—Friday 19 August 2022
Other opportunities will be available throughout the year for ambassadors to participate in.