Our Student Ambassadors programme is here to help new students navigate their way around the University and connect and engage with university life and study.
Student ambassadors help new students adjust to university life through the UNI 101 programme at New Students' Orientation. Student Ambassador roles will extend for all of 2021 with other opportunities to work at university events, gain leadership skills and confidence, and meet other likeminded individuals.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Are able to work in a large team as well as independently.
- Are able to lead a team and speak/present in front of a group.
- Can creatively solve problems and use their initiative.
- Have knowledge of the university environment, support services and extracurricular activities on offer.
- Have the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Will be studying at Te Herenga Waka—Victoria University of Wellington in 2021.
For those studying during Trimester 3, your exams may be held during the week of training. We will do our best to accommodate your exam times within the training schedule to enable you to still be part of the programme.
Important dates for the Student Ambassador role:
- Interviews: we have finished interviewing students for the 2021 intake.
- Student Ambassador training: 9 am–1 pm, Friday 12 February 2021. We will do our best to accommodate Trimester 3 exam times within the training schedule to enable you to still be part of the programme.
- New Students’ Orientation: Monday 15–Friday 19 February 2021
- Open Day: Friday 20 August 2021
Many other opportunities will be available throughout the year for ambassadors to participate in.