Hire a venue for an event or conference

Find out how to hire a University facility as a venue for your event. We have venues suitable for events like conferences, meetings, and seminars.

Venue options

The University has more than 200 venues for hire across Kelburn and Pipitea campuses.

Find out more about venue capacities and audiovisual equipment below. Most lecture theatres come equipped with data projectors, computers, audio amplifier, speakers, and whiteboards.

View of Memorial Theatre from front of auditorium. Shows bank of tiered red coloured seating.

Memorial Theatre

Information about hiring the Memorial Theatre at Te Herenga Waka—Victoria University of Wellington including room capacity, layout, and equipment.

Large lecture theatre in Rutherford House, looking up towards the seats and with computer on front lectern

Lecture theatres

Find out about hiring lecture theatres at Te Herenga Waka—Victoria University of Wellington, including the room sizes available and equipment included in hire.

A seminar on Kelburn campus with long light wooden tables and bright yellow chairs facing a screen and a lectern.

Seminar rooms

We have different sized seminar rooms available for hire. Find out the capacities of the rooms and the equipment available as part of your hire.

Room with chairs facing a lectern in front of a window. The window looks over the street.

Foyers and mezzanines

Foyer or concourse rooms are available for events like exhibitions or conference break out areas. Find out more about the capacity and spaces available.

Kitchens, catering, and events with alcohol

Campus Living has a list of trusted caterers who supply food for University functions. We can put you in touch with the caterer who best suits your needs.

There are kitchens that can be used at our Kelburn and Pipitea campuses—discuss this with us when you make your booking.

Events with alcohol

Campus Living are responsible for controlling all University events where alcoholic beverages are served in line with the Events Management Procedures (pdf 177KB)

If you'd like alcoholic beverages served at your event, contact the Business Support Coordinator by emailing clbusinesssupport@vuw.ac.nz before the function.


Business Support Coordinator
Campus Living