Oludolapo Ibrahim Olanrewaju
Improving data quality assurance in the construction environment product declaration (EPD) for a reliable whole-building life cycle assessment (WBLCA).
The construction industry contributes immensely to environmental pollution. A recent Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) meeting reported a need to maintain 1.5 degrees to curtail the impacts of global warming.
Oludolapo’s PhD research explores improvements to the data quality of construction Environmental Product Declarations (EPD), which is one of the primary data sources for Whole Building Life-cycle Assessments (WBLCA). Improving this data quality will aid in accurate reporting of the environmental impact of buildings through the use of high-quality data that professionals can trust.
Oludolapo’s doctoral thesis combines qualitative and quantitative research techniques to solve the data quality issues within EPD. Its findings will introduce a system to measure the level of data quality in the EPDs used for WBLCA, and create a database that can be used to store EPDs with an enhanced auditing mechanism.
Bachelor of Technology in Quantity Surveying (First Class Honours), Federal University of Technology, Minna, Nigeria.
Selected Journal Articles
- Taiwo, R., Wang, K. C., Olanrewaju, O. I., Tariq, S., Abimbola, O. T., Mehmood, I., & Zayed, T. (2022). An Analysis of Employee Motivation in the Construction Industry: The Case of Hong Kong. Engineering Proceedings, 22(1), 11. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/engproc2022022011
- Olanrewaju, O. I., Chileshe, N., Adekunle, E. O. and Salihu, C. (2022): Modelling the environmental, economic and social impacts of coronavirus pandemic on the construction industry, International Journal of Construction Management, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/15623599.2022.2120077
- Omopariola, E.D., Olanrewaju, O.I., Albert, I., Oke, A.E. and Ibiyemi, S.B. (2022). Sustainable construction in the Nigerian construction industry: unsustainable practices, barriers and strategies, Journal of Engineering, Design and Technology, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/JEDT-11-2021-0639
- Olanrewaju, O. I., Enegbuma, W. I., Donn, M., and Chileshe, N. (2022). Building information modelling and green building certification systems: A systematic literature review and gap spotting. Sustainable Cities and Society, 103865.
- Okwe, E.I., Olanrewaju, O.I., Heckman, M. and Chileshe, N. (2022). Barriers to building information modelling and facility management practices integration in Nigeria, Journal of Facilities Management, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/JFM-12-2021-0153
- Olanrewaju, O. I., Kineber, A. F., Chileshe, N., & Edwards, D. J. (2022). Modelling the relationship between Building Information Modelling (BIM) implementation barriers, usage and awareness on building project lifecycle. Building and Environment, 108556.
- Olanrewaju, O. I., Kineber, A. F., Chileshe, N., and Edwards, D. J. (2021). Modelling the Impact of Building Information Modelling (BIM) Implementation Drivers and Awareness on Project Lifecycle. Sustainability, 13(16), 8887.
- Tsz Wai, C., Wai Yi, P., Olanrewaju, O. I., Abdelmageed, S., Hussein, M., Tariq, S., and Zayed, T. (2021). A critical analysis of benefits and challenges of implementing modular integrated construction. International Journal of Construction Management, 1-24. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/15623599.2021.1907525?src=&journalCode=tjcm20
- Olanrewaju, O.I., Babarinde, S.A., Chileshe, N. and Sandanayake, M. (2021). Drivers for implementation of building information modeling (BIM) within the Nigerian construction industry, Journal of Financial Management of Property and Construction, Vol. 26 No. 3, pp. 366-386. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/JFMPC-12-2019-0090
- Olanrewaju, O.I., Babarinde, S.A. and Salihu, C. (2020). Current State of Building Information Modelling in the Nigerian Construction Industry, Journal of Sustainable Architecture and Civil Engineering, Vol. 27 No. (2), pp. 63-77. https://sace.ktu.lt/index.php/DAS/article/view/25142
- Olanrewaju, O. I., Edwards, D. J., & Chileshe, N. (2020). Estimating on-site emissions during ready mixed concrete (RMC) delivery: A methodology. Case Studies in Construction Materials, e00439. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cscm.2020.e00439
- Olanrewaju, O.I., Chileshe, N., Babarinde, S.A. and Sandanayake, M. (2020). Investigating the barriers to building information modeling (BIM) implementation within the Nigerian construction industry, Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management, Vol. 27 No. (10), pp. 2931-2958. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/ECAM-01-2020-0042
- Olanrewaju, O. I., Sandanayake, M., and Babarinde, S. A. Development of A Voice Assisted Key-In Building Quantities Estimation System (2020). Journal of Engineering, Project, and Production Management, 2020, 10(2), pp. 114-122. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2478/jeppm-2020-0014
- Olanrewaju, O. I., Oyewobi, L.O., Alumbugu, P.O., Idiake, J.E., and Babarinde, S.A. (2019). Nexus of Economic Recession and Building Construction Cost in Nigeria. The Quantity Surveyor (Journal of the Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors), Volume 65 | Anniversary Edition | 2019 | ISSN: 116-915X.
- Olanrewaju, O. I. and Okorie, V.N. (2019). Exploring the Qualities of a Good Leader Using Principal Component Analysis. Journal of Engineering, Project, and Production Management, 2019, 9(2), pp. 142-150. http://www.ppml.url.tw/EPPM_Journal/volumns/09_02_July_2019/ID_220.htm
- Olanrewaju, O. I., Musa, S.F., Idiake, J.E., and Mohammed, Y. D. (2019). Knowledge Management and Professionals in Nigerian Construction Firms: Barriers, Benefits and Capabilities. Journal of Architecture, Planning and Construction Management, 9(2), pp. 69-86. DOI: https://doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.2.20127.30885, https://journals.iium.edu.my/kaed/index.php/japcm/article/view/352
- Omoregie, M.J., Olanrewaju, O. I., and Okorie, V.N. (2019). Factors Contributing to Failure of Public-Private Partnership in Infrastructural Development in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria. Journal of Environmental Design (JED), Faculty of Environmental Studies, University of Uyo, Vol. 14, No. (1), pp. 126 – 133. DOI: https://doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.2.29001.49768
- Okorie, V.N., Omoregie, M.J., and Olanrewaju, O. I. (2019). Conceptual Model of Leadership Influence on Construction Site Worker’s Health and Safety Behaviour. Journal of Environmental Design (JED), Faculty of Environmental Studies, University of Uyo, Vol. 14, No. (1), pp. 88 – 95. DOI: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/331642898_Conceptual_Model_of_Leadership_Influence_on_Construction_Site_Worker's_Health_and_Safety_Behaviour
- Okorie, V. N. and Olanrewaju, O. I. (2019). Improving Environmental Health Hazards Emanating from Indiscriminate Dumping of Solid Waste Through Leadership Approach: A Case of Benin City, Nigeria. PM World Journals, Vol. VIII, Issue II (February). DOI: https://doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.2.18474.06088
- Anifowose, O. M., Babarinde, S. A. and Olanrewaju, O. I. (2018). Adoption Level of Building Information Modelling by Selected Professionals in Kwara State. Environmental Technology and Science Journal, 9(2), pp. 35 – 44. DOI: https://doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.2.17530.34247
- Olanrewaju, O. I., Idiake, J.E., Oyewobi, L.O., and Akanmu, W. P. (2018). Global Economic Recession: Causes and Effects on Nigeria Building Construction Industry. Journal of Surveying, Construction and Property (ISSN: 1985-7527), Vol. 9, No. (1), p. 9-18. DOI: https://doi.org/10.22452/jscp.vol9no1.2
Selected Conference Papers
- Olanrewaju, O. I., Enegbuma, W. I., and Donn, M. (2022). Data Quality Assurance in Environmental Product Declaration Electronic Database: An Integrated Clark-Wilson Model, Machine Learning and Blockchain Conceptual Framework. 55th International Conference of the Architectural Science Association (ANZAScA), Perth, Australia.
- Olanrewaju, O. I., Enegbuma, W. I., and Donn, M. (2022). Systematic Literature Review of Building Information Modelling and Green Building Certification Systems. Pages 167-174 (2022 Proceedings of the 39th ISARC, Bogotá, Colombia, ISBN 978-952-69524-2-0, ISSN 2413-5844).
- Olorunfemi, E. T., Oyewobi, L. O., Olanrewaju, O. I. and Busari, A. (2021). Critical Success Factors for the Innovative Training of Construction Professionals. 25th Anniversary Conference, 2021 ISTT/CASLE/UWI/TTGPA, September 30 – October 1, 2021, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago.
- Olorunfemi, E. T., Oyewobi, L. O., Olanrewaju, O. I. and Olorunfemi, R. T. (2021). Competencies and the penetration status of building information modelling among built environment professionals in Nigeria. Proceedings of International Federation of Surveyors – FIG, FIG e-Working Week 2021 Smart Surveyors for Land and Water Management—Challenges in a New Reality Virtual, 21–25 June 2021.