Find out how to accept, decline, or defer your Offer of Place and what to do if you have conditions to meet.
If you’ve received an Offer of Place letter, it means you’ve been accepted to study at Victoria University of Wellington. Congratulations.
If your Offer has conditions
If you have a conditional Offer of Place, you can still accept it. You will need to meet the conditions of your Offer and be issued an unconditional Offer of Place before you can apply for your student visa.
If you don’t think you’ll be able to meet the conditions of your Offer before you arrive in New Zealand, contact us.
Once you have an Offer
It is very important that you:
- check your Offer of Place before you accept it—make sure it’s for the programme of study and major you applied for
- meet any conditions if you have a conditional Offer of Place—for example, providing an IELTS test result.
An unconditional Offer of Place guarantees you entry into your programme—but you will still need to choose courses and complete your enrolment at International Orientation.
Accepting your Offer
When you accept an Offer of Place, you are:
- telling us that you plan to attend Victoria University of Wellington
- accepting a place in the programme of study in your Offer
- agreeing to pay your fees before you begin studying at the University.
Deferring your Offer
If you’d like to come to the University but can’t start immediately, you can defer your Offer to another year—select ‘defer’ in the online tool and choose the date that you’d like to come.
Declining your Offer
If you decide not to study at the University, you can decline your Offer of Place:
- online by following the instructions in your Offer email
- by emailing email@example.com.