Once you have applied and received an Offer of Place, you need to enrol in your courses, and complete your enrolment at International Orientation.
To enrol at the University as a new international student:
- You need to sign up to your courses for that academic year, either online, or in person at International Orientation.
- We will check your student visa and insurance at International Orientation.
- Your final tuition fees will be calculated and you will pay any outstanding fees at International Orientation.
Before you can enrol
To complete your enrolment, you need:
You need to get these organised before International Orientation. If you need help, you can contact the International team.
Choosing your courses
You will need to research which courses you want to enrol in and create a course plan.
Each degree or programme has some courses you have to take, called required courses. And many degrees or programmes also allow you to take elective courses. Find out more about choosing your courses or getting course advice.
If you have already enrolled in your courses online, you can change courses only once you are fully enrolled and have completed all enrolment steps at International Orientation.
How to enrol in your courses
How you enrol in your courses will depend on what you are studying and your Offer status.
International students who are eligible to enrol online will be emailed an invitation to enrol in October (for Trimester 1), April (Trimester 2), or September (Trimester 3) when the online enrolment period opens. An invitation to enrol will be sent to any newly eligible students up until the online enrolment period closes.
Students who need to enrol in their courses in person will find out exactly what to do when they arrive at International Orientation.
If you have:
- an unconditional Offer of Place, you can enrol online
- a conditional Offer of Place, you must enrol in person during International Orientation
- an Offer conditional on your exam results and you are a New Zealand secondary school student, you can enrol online
- been accepted for credit transfer, you must enrol in person during International Orientation.
Most postgraduate students will enrol in person during International Orientation. Your course selection will need to be approved by your faculty as part of the enrolment process.
A limited number of postgraduate programmes Offer online enrolment for international students. If you are studying one of these programmes, you will be invited to enrol online.
Study Abroad and exchange students
You should enrol online only in courses that have been pre-approved for you during your course approval process. You must enrol in three or four courses (45 to 80 points) each trimester, even if you have been approved for more courses.