Apply for a Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship
Find out whether you are eligible and how to apply for a Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship.
Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships are available to students in more than 80 partner countries around the world. New Zealand's Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT) administers the Scholarship and gives priority to students who study in sectors or subjects that best meet their country’s economic and social needs.
You may be eligible to apply if:
- your country is eligible
- your chosen study path matches the recommended subjects for your country
- you meet the Scholarship's citizenship and work experience criteria.
When to apply
Applications are open in February and March of each year for most partner countries. Applications for Samoa Foundation students usually open in July. You will apply for study in the following year.
How to apply
You must first apply for a Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship through MFAT. Once you have been shortlisted for a Scholarship, you will apply to study at the University.
- Check whether you are eligible to apply.
- Research the recommended subjects for your country and your study options at the University.
- If you are a PhD student, you should contact a potential supervisor at the University to discuss your research plans.
- Apply for a Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship through MFAT.
- Await notification from MFAT of whether you have been shortlisted for a Scholarship.
- Apply to study at the University.
- Receive and accept your Offer of Place at the University.
- Receive and accept your Scholarship Letter of Offer from the New Zealand Government.
- Get ready to study with us.