Our Foundation Studies Programme is designed to help international students who don’t meet our entry requirements to prepare for undergraduate study.
The Victoria University of Wellington Foundation Studies Programme is taught by UP International College and offers successful students guaranteed entry into Victoria University of Wellington’s undergraduate programmes.
UP International College is conveniently located in the Wellington Railway Building in Central Wellington, a short walk from the University. The central location allows you easy access to public transport, accommodation, shops, cafes, and restaurants.
About the programme
- The Victoria University of Wellington Foundation Studies Programme offers flexibility with four intakes per year and 6-, 8-, 12-, and 18-month course options (two, three, four, or six terms), depending on your academic background and level of English.
- The curriculum develops subject knowledge and skills as well as entrepreneurial enterprise, leadership, and team skills to equip you for university.
- Special courses in English for Tertiary Study and New Zealand Culture and Society prepare you for study at university level.
- Subject choices include Accounting, Economics, Marketing, Tourism, Communication, Culture, Statistics, Calculus, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
What the programme offers
- Qualified, caring, and experienced teachers.
- A supportive and personalised learning environment.
- A tutor who helps you to set high standards and develop your achievement goals.
Two offers of place from the start
When you apply for the Victoria University of Wellington Foundation Studies Programme, you will receive two offers of place at the time of application: a letter of offer for the Foundation Studies Programme, and a conditional letter of offer for an undergraduate degree at Victoria University of Wellington.
You will be issued an unconditional offer of place as soon as you have successfully completed the Foundation Programme and met admission requirements.
The top student completing the Victoria University of Wellington Foundation Studies Programme each term receives a NZ$5,000 scholarship towards the tuition fees in the first year of their undergraduate degree at Victoria University of Wellington.
2020 term dates
Monday 27 Jan–Friday 3 April
Monday 20 April–Friday 26 June
Monday 13 July–Friday 18 September
Monday 5 Oct–Friday 11 December
These start dates include orientation, which is compulsory for students to attend.
About UP Education
UP Education has university pathway programmes and eight vocational colleges at 50 campuses across Australasia. With more than 14,000 students, our 900 employees are dedicated to helping them unleash their potential and build brighter futures.
Find out more about the programme and how to apply on the UP Education website.