All students pay tuition fees and compulsory levies. Calculate how much your courses will cost.
Domestic and international student fees
Your enrolment is confirmed once you’ve signed and returned an Offer of Study, Change of Course form or any document formally agreeing your acceptance into a course. You are then liable for the fees unless you formally withdraw before the appropriate dates.
How to pay
You can pay your fees with a StudyLink student loan, or through internet banking, with a credit card online, or in person at the Enrolments office. Find out more about how to pay your fees.
Fees-free tertiary study
First-time tertiary domestic learners may be eligible for fees-free study. Find out more about fees-free study at Victoria University of Wellington.
Other compulsory fees
All students enrolled at Victoria University of Wellington are required to pay the following fees.
Student Services Levy
The levy is a contribution towards student support services delivered by and through Victoria University of Wellington to support and facilitate the best academic outcomes for all students. Refer to Appendix A in the Student Services Levy Policy for a full list of services.
Additional payment may be required to access some goods, services or amenities.
- students enrolled in 25 points or more, on-campus or off-campus within Wellington region: $843.00 (2021)
- students enrolled in 25 points or more, off-campus outside of Wellington region or off-campus outside of New Zealand: $421.50 (2021)
- students enrolled in less than 25 points, on-campus and off-campus within Wellington region: $421.50 (2021)
- students enrolled in less than 25 points, off-campus outside of Wellington region or off-campus outside of New Zealand: $210.75 (2021).
Student Assistance Levy
This levy is used to assist students suffering exceptional financial hardship.
- 2021: $28 for all students.
Some courses have additional costs for items such as study materials, equipment or field trips. Some administrative costs are also applicable. A full list of these administrative costs can be viewed in the Fees Policy.