Flexible study

We offer conjoint degrees, double majors, and minors, giving you more flexible options with your undergraduate study.

Conjoint degrees

A conjoint degree allows you to complete two undergraduate degrees in a shorter amount of time than it would take to complete them separately.

Any two undergraduate degrees can be studied together in a conjoint programme. You do fewer courses per degree, so most can be completed within 4–6 years of full-time study.

You'll need to maintain at least a B-minus grade average each year to stay in the programme.

If you’re finding it difficult to maintain this average, we’ll encourage you to finish one degree first—with our flexible degree options you should be able to fit all your subject choices into one degree. You can then choose to carry on with your second degree.

Double majors

A major usually takes up about a third of the courses in your degree, so you may choose to do a double major and focus on two different subjects. This requires the same number of points as a degree with only one major and should not take any extra time.

Choosing two majors in your first year is a good way to keep your study options open and flexible. You can continue with your double major in second year, or you can change and focus on just one subject with the other as a minor.

With some of our degrees, you can take a second major from a different degree—for example, you can do a Bachelor of Science with a double major in Physics and German.


A minor is an optional part of a degree, made up of a collection of courses in a particular subject. The workload for a minor is lighter than for a major—fewer courses to do, fewer points required. This makes a minor a good way to build a second or third area of focus into your degree.

These degrees let you include a minor:

Any major in these degrees can also be taken as a minor. You might also be able to study majors from other undergraduate degrees as a minor—for example, a Bachelor of Arts with a major in Political Science and a minor in Environmental Studies.

Some subjects are not available as majors, but you can take them as a minor. Other subjects have special requirements and course options as minors.