Hōtaka whaka me ōna tikanga

Course enrolment and enrolment agreement

After accepting your Offer of Place, you can progress to course enrolment. We will send you an invitation as soon as that is available for your start date.

Current students continuing your existing programme of study do not need an Offer of Place. You will be able to enrol for your courses as soon as course enrolments open.

Choosing your courses

You will need to choose the correct courses to meet the requirements for your qualification. To find out what courses you need to complete, please refer to your programme pages.

New students can get course advice from our Future Students team. Current students need to contact their Student Success adviser.

Course enrolment

Once you have chosen your courses, you can complete your course enrolment through the Pūaha portal.

Once your course enrolment has been reviewed, we will send you an Enrolment Agreement. Your Enrolment Agreement is an official list of the qualifications and courses in which Te Herenga Waka—Victoria University of Wellington is offering you a place. It will also include details of your fees.

You should receive this within four weeks of enrolling, but sometimes longer, depending on the programme.

Accepting an Enrolment Agreement

In most cases, you can accept your Enrolment Agreement online by following the instructions in the email we send you. You might be asked to finalise your programme in person.

When you accept an Enrolment Agreement, you are accepting a place in the courses offered to you and agreeing to abide by the statutes, regulations, and policies of the University. You become liable for payment of fees by the due date.

Making changes to your programme

If you want to change the courses you’ve selected after you receive your Enrolment Agreement, you can accept 'with changes'. You will be given a limited time to accept with changes. Refer to your Enrolment Agreement for the due date.

If you make changes to your courses, this may change your fees, or affect whether you’re eligible for student loans or allowances—make sure you check.

Find out more about adding or withdrawing courses after enrolment or once your courses have begun.

Completing your enrolment

Once you return your Enrolment Agreement, and any conditions and requirements have been met, you will receive a Confirmation of Study. This will confirm the details of your programme of study, showing any changes you may have made to your course selection.

View your timetable

Your confirmation will also show your username, and steps on how to log in to your student account for the first time. Go to MyTimetable to find your timetable and lecture rooms.

Student ID card

You can apply for your student ID card during the course enrolment process. You will receive an email from the Admissions and Enrolments Office when your student ID card is ready to collect at the start of the trimester.