School of Geography, Environment and Earth Sciences
Low temperature thermochronology: Fission-track analysis, (U-Th-Sm)/He analysis with applications in tectonics, structural geology, basin analysis, landscape evolution.
- PhD in Geology - Victoria University of Wellington (1974)
- MSc in Geology - McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada (1965)
- BSc with Honours in Geology - University of Wales (1963)
Current Research Projects
- landscape evolution of North Island, New Zealand
- timing of the re-routing of the Yangtze River – basin studies through to Eocene time
- U/Pb zircon ages, heavy mineral analysis, FT analysis from the Yangtze River - source to sink
- landscape and tectonic evolution in Sri Lanka related to Gondwana break-up
- thermo-tectonic history of various regions of the Himalaya
- evolution of the Kohistan Arc, Pakistan
- synthesis of world apatite fission track data (with Frederic Herman, ETH Zurich).
Publications 2008 - 2015