In response to COVID-19, changes have been made to GP, nurse, and counsellor appointments and prescription medication services.
What alert level 1 will look like at Student Health and Student Counselling (Mauri Ora).
As the government restrictions placed on Health and Counselling services reduce, Mauri Ora can again begin to provide a service more closely resembling our service before COVID-19. Infection control will however remain a priority for some time to come and moving forward we want to keep and build upon the positive changes that have occurred during this time.
What this means is:
- You can book routine in-person appointments with your GP, Nurse and Counsellor by calling 04 463 5308.
- We will continue to provide both phone and video health and counselling services, meaning greater flexibility and choice of appointment type.
- Services will continue to be available to students not in Wellington and are living elsewhere in New Zealand.
- Greater access to the waiting rooms at both Kelburn and Pipitea will return, however some infection control restrictions will remain in place.
- Please continue to bring a mask with you to wear while you wait.
- If you want book an appointment or make an inquiry then our preference is that you call 04 463 5308. Non-urgent inquires can be made via email@example.com.
- Phone and video appointments with your GP remain available.
- Telephone triage remains available for urgent on the day requests.
- Prescription requests for your medication should continue to be requested using the Student Health (Mauri Ora) online form.
- Phone and video appointments with your Counsellor remain available.
- Duty counselling appointments (on the day) will be by phone, unless the student requests otherwise, and remain available to students across the country.
Some tips if you need to come in
- If you have an in-person appointment and develop cold or flu like symptoms prior to your appointment, you MUST contact reception as soon as you can and not come to Mauri Ora.
- Try not to arrive early for your appointment to keep time spent at Mauri Ora to a minimum.
- Use the hand sanitiser on entry.
We understand that this continues to be a worrying time for all students, particularly those with high health needs. Please contact us if you have any concerns about your health or wellbeing—call 04 463 5308.
At Student Health we continue to enrol new patients, so if you are a current student and haven’t yet registered you can do so on our website.
We will continue to provide updated information on our website and on social media channels.