Senior Technical Officer
School of Geography, Environment and Earth Sciences
Areas of responsibility
- manage Sedimentology, Soils & Water Quality, Palynology, Particle Size Analysis laboratories, and Cold Storage Core Facility
- support ESCI, PHYG and ENSC research and teaching
- support Antarctic Research Centre research
- support Technical Services Manager as "2IC"
- Geosciences Society of NZ - J.T. Kingma Award for Technical Excellence in the Earth Sciences (2020)
- Geosciences Society of NZ – Hastie Research Award (2011)
Winton, V.H.L., Dunbar, G., Bertler, N.A.N., Millet, M-A., Delmonte, B., Andersson, P., Atkins, C., Chewings, J.M., & Andersson, P. (2014). The contribution of aeolian sand and dust to iron fertilization of phytoplankton blooms in southwestern Ross Sea, Antarctica. Global Biogeochemical Cycles, 8(4), 423–436.
Chewings, J.M., Atkins, C.B., Dunbar, G.B., & Golledge, N.R. (2014). Aeolian sediment transport and deposition in a modern high latitude glacial marine environment. Sedimentology, 61(6), 1535–1557.