Areas of responsibility
- manage Sedimentology, Water Quality, Palynology and Foraminifera laboratory
- manage core facility and cool room
- assist field courses - data collection by staff and students
- support research
- support the Antarctic Research Centre's research
- Geosciences Society of NZ - J.T. Kingma Award for Technical Excellence in the Earth Sciences (2020)
- Geosciences Society of NZ – Hastie Research Award (2011)
Winton, V.H.L., Dunbar, G., Bertler, N.A.N., Millet, M-A., Delmonte, B., Andersson, P., Atkins, C., Chewings, J.M., & Andersson, P. (2014). The contribution of aeolian sand and dust to iron fertilization of phytoplankton blooms in southwestern Ross Sea, Antarctica. Global Biogeochemical Cycles, 8(4), 423–436.
Chewings, J.M., Atkins, C.B., Dunbar, G.B., & Golledge, N.R. (2014). Aeolian sediment transport and deposition in a modern high latitude glacial marine environment. Sedimentology, 61(6), 1535–1557.