Tertiary sports tournaments
Our students compete in a range of university sports tournaments across New Zealand.
The University & Tertiary Sport New Zealand Championships see New Zealand’s universities and tertiary institutions go head-to-head. Tournaments are held in a range of sports across the year and trials are open to all Victoria University of Wellington students. We aim to select our top sportspeople and have our strongest teams representing the University.
Points from each tournament accumulate toward an overall tally and champion institution each year. Success at some tournaments can lead to international opportunities.
There are costs associated with travelling and competing in these events and these are communicated to players as soon as possible. Students and teams are encouraged to fundraise.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 events calendar
The following tournaments will take place around New Zealand in 2020.
- Rowing ,10–11 April, Twizel
- Futsal, 16–19 April, Wellington
- 3x3 Basketball, 24–25 April, Dunedin
- Hockey, 6–8 May, Palmerston North
- Volleyball, 18–19 July, Christchurch
- Ultimate, 29–30 August, Christchurch
- Badminton, 2–3 September, Wellington
- Table tennis, 3–4 September, Hamilton
- 5x5 Basketball, 18–20 September, Auckland
- Netball, 26–27 September, Auckland
Register your interest
Complete the form below to register your interest in a tertiary sport tournament in 2020–as a player, manager or coach.