Language in the workplace
The Language in the Workplace Project is unique in its study of real interactions in New Zealand workplaces.
The Language in the Workplace Project (LWP) is run by a team at Te Herenga Waka—Victoria University of Wellington, who connect with other academics and workplaces around the world.
We carry out research into small talk, humour, miscommunication, and language used in meetings and management interactions. We also look at gender and culture issues.
Our site has resources for anyone with an interest in workplace talk. We hope our findings can help to create a better working culture in the workplace, both in New Zealand and overseas.
- Find out more about the project.
- Learn about the people involved.
- Browse our research topics.
- Find resources and publications.
- Useful links to other websites.
- Subscribe to the LWP mailing list.