Resources and publications
Find out about resources and publications in the School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies, and access the work of the Ian Gordon Trust Fund.
The School's resource room is located in the Von Zedlitz Building, room VZ204.
The School's staff and students are engaged in diverse areas of fascinating research. Below is a sample of resources, publications and theses produced by LALS staff and students on topics such as New Zealand Sign Language, New Zealand English and Language in the Workplace, as well as resources on academic word lists and vocabulary. For more publications by staff (such as their books, book chapters, journal articles, etc.) see individual staff pages.
- Academic Word List
- Dominion Post / Stuff language articles
- English corpora resources
- Graded readers
- LALS seminar archive
- Language in the Workplace Resources
- Language teaching videos
- New Zealand Spoken English Database (NZSED)
- Nkep language (Vanuatu) documentation
- New Zealand Sign Language resources
- The Picture Vocabulary Size Test
- Resource room
- Speed reading and listening fluency
- Translanguaging Aotearoa
- Vocabulary analysis programs
- Vocabulary Bibliography Database
- Vocabulary lists
- Vocabulary resources
- Vocabulary tests
- ELI publications
- H.V. George publications
- Language in the Workplace Publications
- New Zealand English Journal
- Paul Nation's publications
- Wellington Occasional Papers in Applied Linguistics
- Wellington Working Papers in Linguistics
- Other and recent publications
See our research archive of theses by students from the School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies. The theses are ordered chronologically, with the most recent one first. In the archive, you can choose different orderings and search for specific theses.
Ian Gordon Fellowships
Most years the School hosts an Ian Gordon Fellow. Find out about the Ian Gordon Trust and our previous Fellows.