2011 articles archive
Language team Dominion Post articles from 2011
All PDF documents require Acrobat Reader.
- pdf219KB12 January - I mean, it's kind of, you know, are we on the same wavelength?
- pdf210KB26 January - Will a gay partner turn out to be a transient hussy of a husband?
- pdf218KB9 February - Sticky wicket trying to make sense of cricket
- pdf206KB23 February - Can Kiwi sheilas be mates or dudes?
- pdf221KB9 March - There are exceptions to the theory of a common thread in languages
- pdf202KB23 March - Heave your goosnargh into the fridge, not the hiffin, y' billy sitch
- pdf203KB06 April - A long-ago link to the gods makes the days of our lives less ordinary
- pdf228KB20 April - Forensic linguistics: some social values of being able to analyse language
- pdf204KB4 May - What better for Breakfast than trochaic PC
- pdf217KB18 May - When Old Bucky hits, megamunted, rooted or stuffed fits the bill
- pdf1030KB1 June - Stress does strange thjngs when I scream for icecream and apple pie
- pdf246KB15 June - Oh dear, that's not what you want to hear from doctors or the media
- pdf211KB29 June - Charting the 'DNA' of tongues to analogise the march of language
- pdf696KB13 July - Colenso yields formidable lexical legacy in both English and Maori
- pdf1151KB14 July - It's a queer old way that gay went from light-hearted to not so cool
- pdf332KB27 July - From a superfluity of nuns came one who left us 'nouns of multitude'
- pdf208KB10 Aug - Men v women: who utters more words a day?
- pdf204KB24 Aug - That most applicable and malleable of suffixes
- pdf237KB7 Sep - In other words, a dog is a quadruped of the genus Canis
- pdf226KB21 Sep - A testing time for speakers of American English and British English
- pdf242KB5 October - All languages are different, even if they share some vowels, consonants
- pdf197KB19 Oct - Raising the verb confusion issue
- pdf240KB2 Nov - She's apples: how colourful fruit has its place in art, literature and life
- pdf233KB16 Nov - Spelling out the dangers of a creative approach
- pdf207KB7 December - 'Nurse' and 'bird' are clues to your identity
- pdf185KB21 December 2011 - He flat-ly denies that utterance