Services for staff
Careers and Employment work with Victoria University of Wellington staff to link students’ academic development with employability outcomes.
As the trend requiring the university sector to focus more closely on graduate attributes and employability outcomes of its students increases, we can work with Faculties in linking academic development to graduate attributes and translating these into employability outcomes.
Our aim is to provide your students with the skills to develop self awareness around personal and academic skills and be able to apply these skills to the graduate labour market.
Careers and Employment does this by:
- Working with students to identify career options and preferences.
- Organising employer presentations, seminars and career expos where students can meet and learn about a variety of employers in the public, private and volunteer sector.
- Providing career presentations tailored to the particular faculty.
- Helping students become job ready by offering a wide range of workshops including CV preparation, interview skills, psychometric tests, assessment centres and researching employers.
- Providing a state-of-the-art online job vacancy and career information system. Students can access part-time, temporary, summer and vacation, internships, and final year and graduate positions that relate to their degree.
We can help you:
- Liaise with Faculty and School staff to organise employer and career presentations relevant to their discipline. For example we can help you host careers seminars to bring Victoria University of Wellington Alumni and students together to explore a range of employment opportunities in their subject/discipline area.
- Facilitate relationships between Faculty/Schools and the business community.
- Assist in the recruitment of tutors and other staff by advertising Faculty and School vacancies on CareerHub.
- Provide Faculties with graduate destination data.
Contact our Employer Relations team for more information.