Tutoring in the School of Management
Information about applying to become a tutor at the School of Management.
The undergraduate programme in the School of Management is built around an extensive tutorial programme for 100, 200 and 300-level courses. Tutors are an integral part of course delivery and provide a fundamental and supportive link between lecturers and students.
Work with us in 2023
The School of Management invites applications for part-time tutoring positions in the following undergraduate Human Resource Management and Employment Relations (HRER), Management (MGMT) and Tourism Management (TOUR) courses in Trimester 1, 2, and 3 2023.
Tri 1 – 201, 207, 301, 302, 304
Tri 2 – 303, 305
Tri 3 – 201, 320
Tri 1 – 101, 202, 205, 208, 310, 312, 313, 317, 319, 321
Tri 2 – 101, 205, 206, 211, 307, 308, 311, 316, 318, 322
Tri 3 – 202, 210, 351
Tri 1 – 202, 203, 302
Tri 2 – 101, 202, 303
Tri 3 – 320
- Having been a PASS tutor is an advantage though not a requirement;
- Having been an Āwhina or Pasifika mentor is an advantage though not a requirement;
- At least an A- grade in the course you wish to tutor; or
- Completed Hons in the respective subject area; or
- Engaged in a Masters or PhD in the respective subject area;
- Outgoing personality and an interest in the support and development of students;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Well organised and reliable;
- Ability to work as a team member that includes academics & professional staff;
- Willingness to follow school processes a must.
For further information please download the tutor information sheet.
How to apply
Complete the application form, and email together with a CV and covering letter outlining why you want to tutor to email@example.com. If you have tutored for Victoria University of Wellington previously, please include your most recent tutor evaluation with your application.
For enquiries about tutoring at the School of Management please contact: