Support for Pasifika students
Services available through the Library for Pasifika students.
Pasifika support staff
The Pasifika Library Navigator provides the full range of Library research, learning and teaching services and delivers tailored support for the Va'aomanū Pasifika programmes (Pacific Studies and Samoan Studies) as well as to all Pasifika students across all disciplines.
The Pasifika Student Liaison facilitates assistance for students in collaboration with the Pasifika Library Navigator, across Library teams and with other University student services, and sits in Wan Solwara on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Assignment help, subject specific databases and resources, referencing and citing help.
- Loto Aho study sessions (Wednesdays 4pm in Wan Solwara, Level 2 of Kelburn Library)
- Pasifika Orientation in Tri 1.
- Tuesday Pasifika Library Navigator drop ins at Pipitea. Room- RHMZ18 11am-1pm
- Collaboration with the Pasifika student learning advisor
- Pasifika Students’ Workshop (first assignment help, once a year in March)
- Pasifika Language weeks (celebrating language weeks for Samoa, Fiji, Tonga, Cook Islands etc.)
- Our range of Pasifika study spaces and collections
Pasifika Library Navigator / Subject Librarian
Pasifika Student Liaison