The Library’s borrowing services with information about access to our physical and online resources to support your study and research.
- Use your student ID card to borrow items from self service machines or service points
- Manage your requests and loans online by signing in to your library account
- Return items to any of our libraries
- Pick up reserved or requested items from designated locations in each library
- All standard items auto-renew (up to 3x) if no other borrower has placed a request
|Students and Staff||Loan period|
High demand items
|Course reserves||2 hours (3 hours for AV)|
|3-day loan||3 days (auto renew x3)|
|Thesis||Same day (in-library use only)|
If you have an overdue recalled item, you cannot place requests or borrow any further items until you return the overdue recalled item.
|Course Reserve||$2 per hour|
|3-day loan||$2 per day|
|Laptop||$2 per hour|
|Interloan||20c per day|
|Thesis||$2 per hour|
|Recalled item||$2 per day|
|Lost item||$80 per item|
|Lost interloan item||$100 per item|
Standard items borrowed by Victoria University of Wellington staff and students will be automatically renewed.
In some cases an item cannot be renewed. These include:
- items which have reached their renewal limit
- items which have been requested by another borrower (recalled items).
Return your items to any of our libraries. You do not have to return it to the library from which it was borrowed. The only exception is course reserve 2-hour loans which must be returned to the issuing library.
The Kelburn Library returns slot is available 24/7 every day of the year and is accessible from the Tim Beaglehole courtyard.
You can also post items back to us. Send them to:
Victoria University of Wellington
P.O. Box 3438