Open Journal Systems
The Library’s Open Journal Systems provides free access to some of the University’s journal content and provides a publishing platform for University editors
View the journals on our Open Journal Systems platformour journals
Hosting a journal on OJS
The Library offers free hosting of academic journals for Victoria University of Wellington staff and students on OJS.
- We will set up your journal and give you training in using the software
- We use Crossref to create a DOI (digital object identifier) for every article published
- We might be able to migrate back issues of your journal
- We offer ongoing support in using the system when you need it
If you wish to have a jounal hosted on OJS, contact us at email@example.com.
Benefits of hosting a journal on OJS
- Optimized to be indexed by Google Scholar
- Has a wide range of plugins to connect with Orcid, Crossref, and the Directory for Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Allows editors to apply Creative Commons licenses to journal content
- Your journal content will be openly available to anyone
- Apply for an ISSN (international standard serial number). Without this we cannot create DOIs for your content. An ISSN can be obtained through the National Library of New Zealand.
- Provide us with information about your journal:
- Editorial board
- Statement describing the journal to be displayed on the about page
- A journal acronym to help form the journal homepage url
- Create a journal logo and colour scheme. Your journal can be branded according to your needs.
We strongly suggest...
- Having a journal ethics statement
- Having an author self-archiving policy
- Choosing a Creative Commons license for your content
- Depositing your journal into the DOAJ. Refer to the guide for DOAJ readiness.
- Apply to have your journal indexed by Scopus. Before applying please complete this pre-evaluation of your journal.