The Library supports postgraduate students with dedicated postgraduate study rooms, research consultations, and library and research skill development
Postgraduate study spaces
The Library has dedicated study rooms for Postgraduate students at the Kelburn and Law libraries.These rooms are located in blue study zones (for quiet individual study).
- The Kelburn Library postgraduate and staff study room is located on Level 6 at the south end of the Rankine Brown building. Access is available using your staff or student ID card. Four computers are setup in the room and lockable storage facilities are available for use.
- The Law Library rooms are located at our Pipitea campus on Level 2, Old Government Buildings. You will need to get a key from library staff at the service point. Access is limited to specific postgraduate courses.
You can also book one of our group study rooms.
Research services and support
You can book a research consultation with a subject librarian. Subject librarians provide specialised research and learning support and act as liaisons to academic faculties, schools and programmes. To book a research consultation contact your subject librarian. Find them by subject.
Research consultations can include::
- introduction to Library services and resources
- assignment help
- Library research skills (e.g. searching, identifying relevant resources)
- using specific resources (e.g. subject-specific databases, eBooks)
- referencing and citing (e.g. citation styles)
- how to advance and enhance your research and profile.
Our library guides provide information and advice on many topics to help you with your research.
Training and workshops
We run group help sessions throughout the year – keep an eye on our workshops and events page.