The Kelburn Library supports study, teaching and research, offers a range of study spaces and houses most of our physical collection.
Facilities and services
- The Library service point is located at the Level 2 entrance of the Rankine Brown building. Ask here if you need assistance locating items or using the collection and spaces.
- Student Service Centre – a University-wide service – has a location beside the south entrance to Kelburn Library on Level 2. Find out more about the services offered by the Student Service Centre located by the Library.
- Green zones for group work and conversations are Levels 1, 2, and 3. Blue zones for quiet individual study are on L3 (Reading room) and levels 4, 5, and 6.
- Six bookable study rooms are available on Level 1 of the Hub. There are also three bookable study rooms located on each of Levels 5 and 6.
- The Glass Room is located at the north-west end of Level 2 of the Library and offers a variety of comfortable furniture options to suit different styles of study.
- The Reading Room on Level 3 holds the Library’s audiovisual collection.
- Course reserves and physical items on hold and ready for collection are found at the main entrance, Level 2.
- Laptops, calculators, staplers, and multiplugs are available for borrowing from Student Service Centre, Level 2.
- 0800 LIBCALL: If you need help finding items in the Kelburn Library you can call or text the Library 0800 number. Library staff can help you find a book, respond to noise complaints and help you to navigate the library. Phone: 0800 LIBCALL (0800 5422255) or text 027 542 7279
Kelburn Library accessibility
The Kelburn Library accessibility page has details on accessible access to Kelburn Library spaces and the Kelburn Library access suite.
Audio Visual facilities
AV collections are available in the Reading Room on Level 3.
A television with Bluray/DVD player is available to view audiovisual material. This is available for loan within the library. Please ask at Kelburn library Service Point, Level 2.
All student computers have a DVD drive and are able to download VLC player from the Student Software Centre.
Kelburn Library tours
To help you find your way around the Kelburn Library we offer regularly scheduled Library tours at the start of Trimester 1. bility Come along on a 20-minute tour and learn about Kelburn Library spaces, services, and the resources we can offer to support your study and research.
We are happy to arrange tours at any time. Ask the staff at Student Service Centre or get in touch with the Library by email or phone.
Virtual 3D tour
You can also explore the Kelburn Library remotely with the virtual 3D tour.
Manager, Client Services
Team Leader Client Services
Team Leader Client Services