Request an item from another location
For books, journals and audiovisual material at other library locations you can make a request through Te Waharoa and pick up from your chosen campus.
You can request any item that is currently on loan or at another location, including other campus libraries and offsite storage.
- As soon as the item becomes available it will be held for you at your preferred library, for seven days (or three days for 3-day loan items).
- You will receive an email notice or text message when it is available. For further information see Te Waharoa help.
- If the item is not held at Victoria University Library you can request it via our Interloan service, or ask the Library to purchase a copy.
Picking up requested items
Requests can be picked up at the following locations:
- Kelburn: The Glass Room on Level 2.
- Architecture and Design: The shelves opposite the Service Point.
- Law: The Reading Room on the ground floor.
- Commerce: The collections space.
Interloans can be picked up from the Service Point at the Library you requested as your pickup location
If the item, you have on loan is requested by another customer you will receive a recall notice advising you of the new due date.
If you do not return the item by the new date, you will be charged overdue fines at a rate of $2 per day, and will be unable to borrow further items.
Text Message Notifications for Requests
You can sign up for Library text messages, free of charge. The Library will send you a text message when a requested item is ready for you to collect or an item you have on loan is recalled. To sign up, login to your account.