Request an item from another location
For books, journals and audiovisual material at other library locations you can make a request through Te Waharoa and pick up from your chosen campus.
You can request any item that is currently on loan or at another location, including other campus libraries and our offsite collection.
How to request a book or journal using Te Waharoa
- Go to Te Waharoa. “Sign in” as “VUW Students and Staff” at the top right-hand corner of this page.
- Search for the book or journal you would like to request.
- Select “Request”. For books or journals with multiple volumes, find the volume you would like to request then select “Request”.
- Choose your “Pickup Location” and “Not Needed After” date.
- Select “Request” to complete your request.
How to request an article using Te Waharoa
Digitization requests can be placed for articles from journals.
- Go to Te Waharoa. Sign in as “VUW Students and Staff” at the top right-hand corner of this page.
- Search for the journal title you would like to request from.
- If more than one Library appears, select the name of the library that holds the journal you are interested in. For example, Kelburn Library or “Offsite” for offsite storage.
- Find the volume and issue that contains the article or pages you would like to request.
- Select “Digitization”.
- Enter the “Chapter/Article Title”, “Start page” or “End page”.
- Choose your “Not Needed After” date.
- Select “Request”. The article will be emailed to you.
Picking up requested items
Requests can be picked up at the following locations:
- Kelburn: The Glass Room on Level 2.
- Architecture and Design: The shelves opposite the Service Point.
- Law: The Reading Room on the ground floor.
- Commerce: The collections space.
Interloans can be picked up from the Service Point at the Library you requested as your pickup location
If the item, you have on loan is requested by another customer you will receive a recall notice advising you of the new due date.
If you do not return the item by the new date, you will be charged overdue fines at a rate of $2 per day, and will be unable to borrow further items.
Text Message Notifications for Requests
You can sign up for Library text messages, free of charge. The Library will send you a text message when a requested item is ready for you to collect or an item you have on loan is recalled. To sign up, login to your account.