Architecture and Design Library
The Architecture and Design Library supports study, teaching and research for the Architecture and Design Faculty through its physical and online collection.
Facilities and services
- The service point is opposite the entrance door. Ask here if you need assistance locating material or using the collection and spaces.
- The green zone for group work and conversation is in the first part of the library and the blue zone for quiet, individual study is past the book collection at the rear of the Library.
- Interloans can be collected from the staff workroom.
- For help with research see the architecture and design innovation subject guides.
- Two bookable group study rooms are available online.
- Course reserves and requested items are found on the shelves opposite the service point.
- A subject librarian is available to provide research assistance (contact details given below).
Access after hours: After 5.30 pm on weekdays and all day on weekends and public holidays, access to the Te Aro campus is by swipe card access (for current students and staff).
The Library has the Vitra Chairs collection on display. Come and have a look at these great miniature chairs, that are not only to scale but use the same materials as the originals. These can be viewed in the display cases in the blue zone. Closer viewings can be arranged.