Have a question for a Library team member? Here are our service response times for your query.
- 8 am–4.30 pm weekdays
- Full services
- Specialist referral
Evening, weekend, and holiday hours (staffed)
- 5–8 pm weekdays
- 10 am–3 pm weekends and holidays
- Service points staffed and phones answered
- What we do:
- borrower queries
- finding information and resources
- basic IT queries (e.g. printing/access)
- No email response or specialist referral outside of core hours.
Service points closed
- 8 pm–midnight weekdays
- 3–10 pm weekends and holidays
- Access to spaces, including open collections, study spaces, computers
- Security presence only—no Library staff on duty
The centralised Library phone is answered during Kelburn opening hours. Campus and team phones may go to voicemail at busy periods or outside core operating hours.
General enquiries received via email are responded to within one working day during core weekday hours (8.30 am–5 pm).
Outside core hours
Service points are staffed until 8 pm evenings and 3 pm weekends/holidays, and phones are answered during these hours. There is no email response or specialist referral outside of core weekday hours.
Requests for material (intersite, interloan, storage, distance)
Requests and queries are responded to within one working day (during core weekday hours).