Preparing for an emergency
Being prepared for an emergency can help you and the people around you.
- Get familiar with the emergency preparedness notices in lecture theatres and offices.
- Know where your nearest evacuation area is and civil defence cabinet (check out the signs in your area).
- Have an emergency kit where you live and work which includes water, food, medication, basic first aid supplies and other items you know you will need in an emergency.
- Make sure everyone knows where the kit is and check it annually and change the water and anything that has an expired “use by” date.
- If you are at Pipitea Campus, WUCEL, Miramar Creative Centre or Robinson and Ferrier Research Institutes, know your tsunami evacuation route.
- Make a plan for where you will meet friends or family.
Getting ready before an emergency happens will help you survive. Find out how to prepare.
More resources and information
Find more information about emergency preparedness.