Plan what you can do in the event of a landslide, and follow these steps.
- Landslides are caused by heavy rain, floods or earthquake shaking.
- Check for signs of ground movement, such as cracks or bulges on the ground, leaning trees and walls or gaps where frames no longer fit properly.
- Call Campus Security on 8888 (0800 842 8888) or (04) 463 9999 and evacuate the premises if asked to.
- Warn neighbours who might also be affected.
- Do not return until the ‘all clear’ has been given (this may only be after a detailed engineering assessment has been completed).