Suspicious package or bomb alert
If you come across a suspicious package, or receive a bomb threat by telephone or email, there are steps you need to follow.
- Do not touch suspicious parcels or packages.
- Remove everyone from the immediate area.
- DO NOT activate building alarms or use electronic equipment such as mobile phones.
- From a safe distance call Campus Security on 8888 (0800 842 8888) giving exact location and description of suspect package.
- Where a bomb threat is received by telephone, record as much detail as possible to pass on to authorities, then carry out procedures as above.
- Follow instructions from Campus Security who will take control of the scene in conjunction with the New Zealand Police.
- Do not return to the building until the ‘all clear’ has been given.