The School of Management hosts both international and local visitors each year who contribute to our research-led teaching environment.
Information for Visitors
Welcome to the School of Management. As a school we focus on strong research-led teaching with an international focus, part of this can be enhanced by visitors from other academic institutions.
Our research strengths include new perspectives on management and leadership, employment relations, systems, strategy and innovation, and tourism. Our school was ranked New Zealand’s leading management school across the two most recent Performance Based Research Fund exercises, and our programmes are accredited by the leading international agencies.
The School of Management has programmes in Management, Human Resources and Employment Relations, and Tourism Management. There are also strong postgraduate and professional programmes, including PhD and MBA programmes. Within the school is the Centre for Labour, Employment and Work and the Brian Picot Chair in Ethical Leadership.
If you are interested in visiting, applications will be considered by the School of Management Executive Committee. Interested scholars are recommended to apply as much in advance as possible.
The following information will be required in the application:
- A proposed research statement of no more than 500 words.
- A biographical statement of no more than 250 words.
- An updated curriculum vitae, including a list of publications.
- If applicable name of School of Management staff connection.
In addition, applicants may be required to submit:
- A statement indicating that they have sufficient fluency and command of oral English to enable them to participate actively in research seminars and public events throughout the period of their stay.
- A statement to the effect that they have sufficient funds to cover expenses for the duration of their stay.
NOTE: There is no funding attached to these positions at the School of Management.
Visitors must comply with New Zealand immigration law. Further information can viewed on www.immigration.govt.nz.
Most visitors to the School of Management have presented seminars or workshops and the list of topics are available on the Past Seminar pages.